Fitness Bucket List

By Kylee McGrane - 9:30 AM






I love working out. I really do. But the last couple months I have been in a weird slump. Every time I go to the gym I end up doing the same boring workout routine. This year I would love to get out of my comfort zone and try something new. I've compiled a list of the most popular workouts of the celebs constantly flooding my Instagram feed. Along the way, I want to look as good as the endorphins make me feel. So here are the classes on my bucket list and what I want to wear to them.

I've taken a barre class once with my mom. While it may have been pretty awkward at first to squeeze a rubber ball between my thighs while squatting and holding onto a ballet bar, I walked out of that class feeling like my legs were going to fall off but I might be a little bit closer to Carrie Underwood. It's definitely something that's out of my comfort zone.

Celebrities who Barre: Kelly Rippa, Zooey Deschanel, Madonna

Barre Class || $29 for 5
Yoga Pants || $15
Socks || $10
Hair Ties || $15
Water bottle || $45


There are few things I love more than lifting. As a long time athlete, lifting is a way for me to continue to compete with myself. Female celebrities that have proclaimed their love for weight lifting has helped  further the fight that female athletes have been combating forever. Newsflash world: Girls can lift weights too. My entire life I've spent a lot of time being the only girl in the weight room. Lately, I have noticed that girls are moving away from the elliptical and down towards the weights. Personally, I love the feeling of exhausting myself and trying something new. Plus racking my weights to squat and getting looks from people in the gym is always a plus.

Celebrities who lift: Cameron Diaz, Khloe Kardashian, Insta-celeb Jenn Selter.

Headphones || $65
Water bottle || $30
Tank || $55
Socks || $15
Sneakers || $155
Shorts || $35



Soul Cycle is something I have to do. It's expensive. Really expensive. But I have to do it at least once. The experience of sitting in a dark room with blasting music, sweating and working hard sounds like so much fun it almost erases the pain that my butt will be in the next day. Almost.

Celebrities who SoulCycle: Katie Holmes, Lady Gaga, Lena Dunham

Gym Bag || $95
Sports Bra || $12
Water Bottle || $19.50
Nike Roshes || $73
Headband || $18
Yoga Pants || $150

I absolutely hate running. I hate it. I can't stress it enough. I feel like my butt bounces around too much. I get cramps in under five minutes. It makes me feel like I am actually dying. Even when I was in absolutely amazing shape. Even when I ran track. Even when I ran 5 miles on the beach. I hated every single second of it. However, as much as I hate it, I was raised in a household that loves running. My dad has run the Boston and New York Marathon. My parents both go for at least five mile runs everyday. No matter how much I despise running, I know that it is really good for me and helps boost my metabolism and will leave me endorphin happy. So this year I really would like to challenge myself to run more. As motivation, I eventually want to run a Spartan Race because the only thing more horrifying and exciting than running is running through fire.

Celebrities who run: Heidi Klum, Ellie Goulding, Reese Witherspoon

Jacket || $123
Tank || $55
Sports Bra || $24
Headphones || $50
Shorts || $40




Kickboxing has been on my bucket list for a long time. If there is one thing on this list that I absolutely have to do ASAP, it's taking a kickboxing class. Unfortunately, I am a person that let's stress eat up at me until I freak out. I feel like kickboxing could be an amazing outlet for me to sweat it out.

Celebrities who Kick Box: Angelina Jolie, Lauren Conrad, Eva Mendes

Kickboxing Class || $30/4 classes and pair of gloves
Water Bottle || $22
Headbands || $15
Workout Tank || $20
Sports Bra || $25
Yoga Pants || $63
Sneakers || $160




In high school and my freshman year of college, I loved yoga. It's challenging, relaxing, and empowering at the same time. Yoga makes me feel strong and elongated and helps me focus on my center which is rewarding and balancing. This year I would love to try an aerial yoga class.

Celebrities who love yoga : Vanessa Hudgens, Alessandra Ambrosio, Kate Hudson

Yoga Class || $49/10
Yoga Mat || $64
Hair Tie || $3.25
Sports Bra || $70
Top || $35
Leggings || No longer Available


If there's one thing I find fun, it's putting myself in a crazy situation. I love being pushed out of my comfort zone and into a scenario where I get to act silly and and laugh. A pole dancing class will definitely do that. I'm definitely the last person to take myself seriously, so to strut my stuff I might burn more calories laughing then the actual hard workout I'll be throwing myself in.

Celebrities who Pole Dance : Cindy Crawford, Emma Watson, Amy Adams

Yoga Pants || $41
Water bottle || $24
Hair ties || $8
Sneakers || $120
Tank || $20
Headband || $15
Socks || $12

What's on your fitness bucket list?

infinite x's and o's,
kylee.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments