5 Things I Started Doing Every Day To Be Happier

By Unknown - 4:37 PM



Happy Wednesday!

Today I am going to be talking about something I've found coming into my life more and more recently. I run my own business and deal with a LOT of stress, but I haven't found myself as stressed as usual. Maybe it's because I found what it is that makes me happy, maybe I've started getting a better handle on stress,  maybe it's because I finally feel the most me ever, or maybe it's because I added these 5 things; but lately, more than ever I have felt really happy. Here are the things I started doing to add a little light to any stressful day.



1. Declutter everyday

I have an awful habit of going through my week, letting my stress take over my head space, and letting things get messy and insane around my apartment. By doing so, I know i am setting myself up for failure. Clutter makes me super anxious and distracts me so much that I end up being so unproductive. I'm trying to hold myself to declutter everyday before I leave every room. Everyday before i officially log off my computer, i have to put away coffee cups, put pencils back where they belong, and just lightly straighten up. The little energy I spend the day before, the better I can jump into work in the morning.




2. Set your atmosphere
I know exactly what kind of atmosphere I thrive in. I absolutely love clean, cluttered, light spaces. I like feeling cozy, wearing funky but comfy clothes, drinking coffee, and having candles lit. I love seeing plants and motivational quotes. I love having my yoga mat in the same room that I work so if I just need a couple minutes to stretch and breathe, I can do just that. Find what kind of atmosphere works best for you and create it. My favorite way to do this is go to a ton of local coffee shops, see what kind of mood, music, and atmosphere makes you feel most yourself and then try to create it.



3. Take some time to stop thinking
I spend most of my day thinking. I am constantly trying to think creatively, figure out problems, find solutions, and create new paths and content for myself and my business. All of these thoughts can clutter up in my head and before I know it, I am forgetting simple things like where I put my keys, what was on my to do list, or even what I was saying. I realized that it is SO important for me to STOP thinking. Sometimes I need to just take a breath, light a candle, play some music, and just meditate, or draw, or do yoga to get out of my head and just relax.




4. Get into and out of habits

My life can either be a monotonous constant repeat of waking up, schlepping to my office, not moving for hours, retreating to eat dinner and go to bed or it could be insane traveling, nonstop running errands, and not sitting down until late at night. For me, it's so important to force myself to break these habits and go outside and work at a coffee shop one day, to get comfortable eating at a restaurant alone, exploring new places, and just challenging myself to do new things and embrace change.

That being said though, there are some things that I love having habits in my life. I love getting in bed around the same time everyday, reading or doing a puzzle, putting on my humidifier and relaxing. I love listening to the news every morning. I love cooking with my boyfriend everyday. These are constants that bring me such joy and helps me feel like routine is a good thing.



5. Find what makes you happy

I know this sounds so simplistic, but truly find what it is that makes you happy. Without knowing exactly what it is that boosts your mood, how could you ever do it? For me, this was a very difficult question. I had to really think, what makes me happy? I started back on what used to make me happy as a kid. I always loved music, baking, drawing, wearing pretty dresses, picking flowers, my pink bike, being active, looking at pretty pictures. Then I realized, these were all things still intrinsic to my core being. Knowing this, I started investing in these things. I bought a record player. I got flowers for my apartment. I started investing in nicer clothing. These little things are like everyday treats that make me feel happier knowing that I am celebrating what makes me me, just because it makes me smile.

What makes you happy?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. My ex-husband and I had always managed to stay friendly after our divorce in February 2017. But I always wanted to get back together with him, All it took was a visit to this spell casters website last December, because my dream was to start a new year with my husband, and live happily with him.. This spell caster requested a specific love spell for me and my husband, and I accepted it. And this powerful spell caster began to work his magic. And 48 hours after this spell caster worked for me, my husband called me back for us to be together again, and he was remorseful for all his wrong deeds. My spell is working because guess what: My “husband” is back and we are making preparations on how to go to court and withdraw our divorce papers ASAP. This is nothing short of a miracle. Thank you Dr Emu for your powerful spells. Words are not enough. here is his Email: emutemple@gmail.com or call/text him on his WhatsApp +2347012841542

    He is also able to cast spell like 1: Lottery 2: Conceive 3: Breakup 4: Divorce 5: Cure for all kinds of diseases and viruses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Five weeks ago my boyfriend broke up with me. It all started when i went to summer camp i was trying to contact him but it was not going through. So when I came back from camp I saw him with a young lady kissing in his bed room, I was frustrated and it gave me a sleepless night. I thought he will come back to apologies but he didn't come for almost three week i was really hurt but i thank Dr.Azuka for all he did i met Dr.Azuka during my search at the internet i decided to contact him on his email dr.azukasolutionhome@gmail.com he brought my boyfriend back to me just within 48 hours i am really happy. What’s app contact : +44 7520 636249‬

    ReplyDelete