How to Hold Yourself Accountable

By Unknown - 2:00 PM


Going to the gym. Sticking to your budget. Calling your mom. Our actions. Our inaction.

These are all things that we have to be accountable for. 

Maybe it's the weather or the change of season, but lately I've been struggling a tiny bit with holding myself accountable when it comes to fitness I have been doing the things I need to do,  but going to the gym and waking up early has felt more like pulling teeth than the usual joy it brings me. So what do we do when the activities and habits that could make us better start feeling more like chores?

Whether you want to hold yourself accountable for your work, fitness, or personal goals, these quick tips should help you get back on track.

Today I will love myself enough to exercise. Yeah baby, this is totally #WildlyAlive! #selflove #fitness #health #nutrition #weight #loss LEARN MORE → www.WildlyAliveWeightLoss.com

1. Find Your Motivation

Let's go back to the drawing board. Think of it this way. I love the idea of working out. I love the feeling I get after I work out. But actually getting up and getting out the door? Not as much. Find what it is that motivates you. It could be the feeling of the rush of endorphins, it could be that super important meeting that you wanna rock, or it could be cool pictures of travel destinations that inspire you to save money. For me, I love visuals. When it comes to going to the gym, I constantly am looking for motivational quotes, pictures, and videos that inspire me to to get up and go, even when I don't want to.  You can follow my inspiration board here.
2. Find a Buddy

Every morning when my alarm goes off, I shove my face into my pillow and cover my head with my blanket. Do I reeeeally have to get up??? I'm super lucky that I have Matt in my life in those moments because he won't tolerate it. He knows the exact type of game I'll play with myself if I don't go (sleep in because it feels good for the next hour, guilt myself for not going all day, being sad, etc.) Having someone work with you working to achieve your goal makes it much more fun.



3. Create a Reward SystemDon't you just feel better about working out when you have cute workout clothes on? I recently starting rewarding myself for being committed to my workout routine. If I meet or exceed my fitness goals I'll splurge a little on new yoga pants or a nice thing to do on my downtime, like a nice candle or something new for my house. Providing yourself with some little rewards for all your hard work is a great way to continue to be excited about your work.



4. Track Your ProgressThis is simultaneously my favorite and least favorite tip. The day I started running I took a photo of myself in the mirror, and to be honest, I didn't love what I saw. Since then, about once a week, I take a photo of myself in the mirror in my leggings and sports bra and compare. I don't share the photos with anyone and would probably be mortified if anyone saw them, but when I'm going through a bit of a fitness rut, this is my favorite thing to do. Since I went from working out maybe once every other week to four to five times a week, I really haven't lost any weight. But there definitely has been a body transformation I would've totally missed had I not been taking those pictures. Looking back on all my hard work keeps me motivated and makes me want to continue to be held accountable.



5. Make a Tangible Goal
There was a time in my life where I wanted to look like a Victoria's Secret model and then there was a time where I just wanted to be happy. One goal was derived from self-loathing and the other was from a blissful self acceptance. Both were totally unrealistic and unattainable. The only way to achieve a goal is to have one that is realistic and concrete. So instead of "I want to have legs like a Victoria's Secret model", I can say I want to be be able to squat my body weight. Instead of saying "I want to be happy", I can say I want to use fitness as a way to find happiness and exercise three times a week. Use a quantitative quality, like a number of days you want to work out, or a yoga move you want to conquer and focus on that! Once you smash that goal, find a new one and conquer it.

What are your plans to hold yourself accountable?



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments


  1. I'm so happy my broken Marriage has been restored and my Husband is back after a breakup that leaded to fight, After 2 years of marriage Dr PADMAN brought a smile to my face again thanks You Dr Padman

    I am very happy today with my family. My husband left me for a good 6 months , and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then. i have tried many options but he didn't come back home , until i met a friend that introduced me to Dr.Padman https://padmanspell.com a spell caster, who helped me to restored my marriage back again Me and my husband are living happily together today,i believed Dr Padman so much today i am glad to let the world know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back, because i am now happy with my husband. Dr padman is a great spell caster , you can contact him via padmanlovespell@yahoo.com Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem, You can contact him Via his email padmanlovespell@yahoo.com or add him on whats-app with his WhatsApp +19492293867 Website: https://padmanspell.com

    ReplyDelete