I Don't Want You to Make Me Feel Bad About Me

By Unknown - 2:52 PM



You know that girl you're jealous of? The one that's really smart. The one that's super skinny. The one with perfect hair. The one with the long legs. The girl with the awesome relationship. The one with a ton of friends. The girl you see in the school gym. The girl on Instagram. His ex girlfriend. The girl on the ad on the bus. Your best friend. You know, that girl.



That girl that you, to some degree, are obsessed with. The holder of the instagram account you guiltily stalk for way longer than you should. The one who you google searched (yikes). The one you look at while they're working out because you just don't get how they're that perfect. Maybe she's a celebrity. Maybe she's not. Either way, you're jealous of her and she makes you feel bad about you.



Maybe she's really nice to you and you love her as a person. Maybe you don't know her at all. But there's something about her- the way she looks or acts or talks that you wish you had. You don't have any bad feelings towards her, because they'd  be completely unwarranted. But there's some kind of green envy that slips through you and makes you not like her because she makes you not like you.



She makes you uncomfortable. She makes you second guess yourself. She makes you feel self conscious and ugly and dumb. She makes you insecure. And it's frustrating because that's not you. But for some reason, girls are programmed with the idea that only one of us can be the prettiest and if you're not it, then you're nothing. I can't even begin to tell you how sick I am of that feeling.



Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I kinda don't think I am. I think in our society, far too often, girls feel like they are in constant competition with one another where our weapons are dangerous disorders and self deprecation. Gone are the days of a girl excelling in one aspect of life, now we all want to succeed in everything all the time. And when we don't succeed, we're getting a constant reminder of those that do via social media.



Maybe she just got that bag you wanted before you could. Maybe she has a relationship that looks like it's perfect when you've been single for longer than you can remember. Maybe she had him before you did, and it makes you feel uneasy and uncomfortable and unsure. Maybe she's the size of the girls you want to be. Maybe she's a great athlete, an amazing singer, a dedicated volunteer. Maybe she travels to places you dream of. Maybe you're not sure why she makes you feel like you're not good enough. Maybe she doesn't even know she's doing it. But you feel it and once that insecurity creeps in it's hard for it to leave.



I certainly don't want to generalize how people feel and what's fact, but personally I think that this is a feeling that is primarily felt by girls. Of course, guys can feel insecure and vulnerable, but in our society the bond of brotherhood seems a lot more prevalent than sisterhood. Often, girls are pinned against each other in competitions that every girl feels but no one really asks for. It's a subconscious struggle of mascara and dieting pills and striving to be better than the other. It's a competition of likes and names in little black books where the number on the scale or the bag on your arm is a figment trophy of self worth. It's a feeling that I don't like feeling and I definitely did not ask for.



So what do we do? Honestly, I'm still trying to figure it out. I know that the girl that posted the picture of her in a little bikini on spring break that looked SO annoyingly hot didn't post it to make me jealous, but it still did. I know the girl with the boyfriend in a perfect relationship isn't holding his hand to spite me. I know. I get that. It's not all about me. But that doesn't mean it doesn't affect me.



So right now, I'm in a slump where every where I turn I seem to see an image of something I want but can't have. So what am I going to do? I'm going to give myself the night off. I'm going to light a couple candles and lay in bed and paint my nails and watch a movie. Maybe I'll hang out with my best friend. Maybe I'll talk to someone who makes me really happy. Whatever this slump is, I'm going to let it run it's course. Then in a couple days, I'm gonna pick myself up and dust myself off. And when that happens I'm gonna reorganize and start eating a little better and start working out again. Oh, yea, and I'm gonna tell that girl she looks really good today because maybe in some parallel universe she's going through the same thing and maybe girls should be nice to each other.




infinite x's and o's,
Kylee 



  • Share:

You Might Also Like

5 comments


  1. I'm so happy my broken Marriage has been restored and my Husband is back after a breakup that leaded to fight, After 2 years of marriage Dr PADMAN brought a smile to my face again thanks You Dr Padman

    I am very happy today with my family. My husband left me for a good 6 months , and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then. i have tried many options but he didn't come back home , until i met a friend that introduced me to Dr.Padman https://padmanspell.com a spell caster, who helped me to restored my marriage back again Me and my husband are living happily together today,i believed Dr Padman so much today i am glad to let the world know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back, because i am now happy with my husband. Dr padman is a great spell caster , you can contact him via padmanlovespell@yahoo.com Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem, You can contact him Via his email padmanlovespell@yahoo.com or add him on whats-app with his WhatsApp +19492293867 Website: https://padmanspell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT LOVE SPELL CASTER PRIEST WISDOM THAT HELP ME SAVE MY RELATIONSHIP.call +2349056393547

    My name is faith nice .i want to give thanks to PRIEST WISDOM for bringing back my ex husband.No one could have ever made me believe that the letter I’m about to write would actually one day be written. I was the world’s biggest skeptic. I never believed in magic spells or anything like this, but I was told by a reliable source (a very close co-worker) that Trust is a very dedicated, gifted, and talented person,It was one of the best things I have ever done. My love life was in shambles; I had been through two divorces and was on the brink of a third. I just couldn't face another divorce, and I wanted to try harder to make our relationship work, but my husband didn’t seem to care. and he brake up with me again.I was confuse and do not no what to do again,rather them to get in contact with PRIEST WISDOM . He did a love spell that make my husband come back to me. we are now very much happy with our self. PRIEST WISDOM make him to realize how much we love and need each other.This man is for REAL and for good.he can also help you to fix your broken relationship. I had my husband back! It was like a miracle! He suddenly wanted to go to marriage counseling, and we’re doing very, very well,in our love life.contact email drafridherbalhome11gmail.com or  call him up  at: +2349056393547   
    DRAFRIDHERBALHOME11@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstances. I give God all the glory for bringing Lord Zakuza into my life for helping me get my wife back that got me divorced for one year. I was the last person on earth to accept the fact that spells exist or work not until I was referred to Lord Zakuza online to who has helped so many people with his powerful spells. I had no other option than to give it a try because 3 months after the divorce, I was demoted at my place of work due to depression for I don't know what to do to get her back but thank God today for using Lord Zakuza to get my happiness and love life back within 48 hours. Just last week here, I was promoted back to my position and I'm here to share my own experience with this man called Lord Zakuza. I don't know what you are going through today but know that in all situation there's always a way out. Lord Zakuza also prepares spells like Lottery spell, job spell, spell to stop a divorce, spell cure for any diseases, protection spell, spell to become successful and wealthy E.T.C. Contact him now for any help via TEXT OR WHATSAPP MESSENGER with: +1 740-573-9483 and Email on: Lordzakuza7@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really know how to thank Lord Zakuza enough for what he has done me. My husband ignored me and went back to his mistress for the past 3 months. If not for the intervention of Lord Zakuza, i wouldn't have gotten back my husband. He's powerful spell brought back my husband within 48 hours. Is there anyone out there who needs to get back to he's or her lover back? Then, I suggest that you get in touch with Lord Zakuza now through WhatsApp on + 1 (740) 573–9483 and for more information, here's his website: lordzakuzaspells.com God bless you sir.

    ReplyDelete
  5. BITCOIN OR CRYPTO WALLET RETRIEVER - SECURE RECOVERY:
    Fast Contact;
    WhtsAp; +1(551) 202-23-35 
    Email; (Recoverymasters@email.cz)
    Hello everyone,
    While looking for help after losing my Bitcoin wallet which was worth $179,000 USD,Due to  mistakenly clicking a phishing link,I had tirelessly searched online for an honest and trustworthy Hacker and after four weeks of long searching I came through a post about Recovery Masters, A group of private licenced experts in Hacking.I immediately contacted them and after 6 Hours of working with them, They were able to recover $151,200 USD,Although this was 85% of my Bitcoin am still grateful to Recovery Masters because I didn't think this was possible.I will highly recommend them for such services.

    ReplyDelete