My Sparklin' Commencement Ball c/o Glam Union

By Unknown - 3:43 PM



Commencement Ball is, like, THE event of the year when you're in college. This year I was asked to go by my boyfriend. After spending hours trying to figure out exactly what kind of look that I wanted I decided I wanted to do something a little bit edgier. Often, I'm the one wearing pink with cute curls and a doe-eyed glam look. This year I wanted to change it up a bit.



As I was searching for the perfect dress I stumbled upon Glam Union's Instagram page. I fell in love with all of their beautiful designs. Their dresses are tailor made, uniquely detailed, and down right breathtaking.

One of the biggest fears any girl has going to a formal is that someone else is going to be wearing the same dress as you. While I did see three girls wearing the same gown as each other, no one had a dress even close to mine. The unique cut outs, intricate beading, and gorgeous slit made my dress stand out against all the others.



The customer service with Glam Union was unrivaled. They sent my dress with more than enough time before my ball and were super friendly throughout the entire process.



This is the first time I have ordered a dress for a formal online, but Glam Union made the process feel easy and super comfortable. The fact that the dress was custom made me feel much more comfortable about the dress fitting and flattering my body type.



I decided to do my own makeup and hair for this look. I wanted my hair and makeup to be super glam with lots of glitter and a bronze feel.



For my hair, I curled my entire head with a one-inch curler and pinned them up for about 45 minutes. After curling each section, I let the curl roll up in my hand and pinned it right to my head to let it set. While doing so, I enjoyed a super deep cleansing mask and old episodes of Keeping Up With the Kardashians' in my Victoria's Secret Fashion Show satin robe.



I hair sprayed, added volume spray, and detangled with my fingers. Then I split my hair in the middle across my entire head, putting the back into a high pony tail. I pinned each curl up with bobby pins. For the front, I split it into two more sections, teasing the back section and pinning the front section over it, then pulled out a couple curls to frame my face.



For my face, I used primarily ELF products, with the Lorac contouring kit, Urban Decay's Smokey pallete, and Dodo lashes. I used e.l.f. Lock On Liner and Brow Cream  to  create super bold eyebrows. I used Lorac PRO Contour Palette with PRO Contour Brush to create a super contoured look on my face by using the darkest color under my cheekbones and a swipe of the lightest on my cheeks and Naked Illuminated Shimmer on my cheeks. On my eyes I used ELF's long lasting eyeshadow in confetti as a base with armor and slanted from the Urban Decay Smoky Pallate in the crease. Then I finished my eye look with lashes from Dodo Lashes.



I had such an amazing time, dancing my worries away and right into graduation. If you're looking for any kind of special occasion dress, I truly suggest checking out their website! Below are some of my other favorite gowns they carry that I will be checking out for future events.





Hope you love all of these looks! Make sure to check out all of the sponsors featured in this post!




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Really very happy to say,your post is very interesting to read.I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job. Keep it up
    Visit my blog Maths teaching tips

    ReplyDelete