The Problem with Being a Bro's Girl

By Unknown - 9:26 AM





She's the ultimate combination of effortlessly beautiful and cool. She wears sweatpants and eats pizza and burps in public. She talks about football and actually knows more than how adorable Johnny Manziel is. Her hair looks perfectly messy and her makeup looks almost nonexistent but somehow meticulously flawless. Guys buy her shots of fireball at the bar just because. She's one of the guys, but she has boobs. She's the bro's girl.



Being one of the bros seems like a perfect position to hold. You can be the confidant and listen to what a guy really thinks, which can be quite a rarity. Guys won't feel pressure to do that weird thing they do when they act like someone else around you. Everything can go seamlessly, unless one of two things happen: you fall in love or you change yourself to fit in. Then it becomes a slippery slope.


There's a new wave sweeping college campuses across the nation: the hookup culture. It's easily one of the most confusing and frustrating types of relationships for girls and guys alike. Honestly, I don't think I've gone more than a few hours without hearing someone complain about the vagueness of it. "Hooking up" can mean anything now-a-days and what comes after often throws the participants into a whirlwind. Whether our generation is afraid of commitment or simply just wants to embrace our freedom and individuality, girls are finally adapting to a mindset that has been previously only been owned by men. Whether it's a one night stand, friends-with-benefits, or a relationship without the title, girls are embracing our own inner "Samantha's". That is both liberating and hazardous.



While I'm all for girls embracing their inner Samantha's and adopting a nonchalant attitude towards guys, I do think we need to be aware of how sensitive this is for both sexes. While low-key hooking up and no-strings attached relationships seem fun, how realistic are they? How long can two people be romantically involved without being romantic? And sorry fellas, but this one isn't just for the ladies. Believe it or not, guys are just as apt to "catch feelings" as girls are. While hooking up might be fun for a while, like all relationships, sooner or later it's going to develop into something more or it's going to cease to exist. In either situation, someone is likely to compromise their feelings, compromise what they truly want and feel, in order to keep the other happy with the ambiguity and looseness of the relationship. In other words, we settle. Whether it be settling for someone you like that treats you bad or settling for a relationship that you don't really want, settling is never healthy.




As if that's not a whole lecture on it's own, trying to fit in with the boys can make a girl want to completely reinvent herself. It's not a new concept that women have been altering themselves to fit in. However, now a days it can be dangerous because in most cases, girls are changing vital and crucial parts of themselves mentally and emotionally in order to seem more attractive. While trying to fit in with the opposite sex, there is absolutely nothing with rocking those sweats and ditching your makeup (good for you, girl!). However, it is when these changes come in the way we act and respond to life around us that it becomes volatile. Picking up a new interest in the NBA isn't a sin. Actually kudos for you for trying to be more well rounded. However, holding in your emotions and feelings because you don't want to seem dramatic isn't healthy. Everyone, girls and guys alike, should be entitled to a good meltdown every now and again (in the right time and place, of course). So while it might not be appropriate to drunk cry to kitten videos on YouTube, it is very appropriate to vent after having a bad day. Also, be very aware of your situations. Subconsciously, when hanging out with a lot of guys a girl can feel the need to keep up with their drinking speed. Not only is this dangerous, but it's downright stupid. Know your limits, in every sense of the word.


She Can Hang With The Boys: How To Be The Girl Who Is ‘One Of The Guys’

Of course there are some good takeaways from observing a bro's girl. Apart from being able to raid all of your guy friend's closets for comfy sweatpants (one's with ACTUAL pockets), being one of the guys can teach you how to be an assertive and independent girl. A guy's girl is laid back and confident. While you don't have to fit the bill at all times, radiating self-assurance is attractive to everyone and will help self medicate you when you don't feel as sure of yourself as you want to. She doesn't freak out over little things like how long a guy is taking her to text back because she doesn't need a man. Trust me, that one takes practice. But she is self-confident enough to (politely) call someone out when she's not being treated the way she deserves. No matter what your relationship status is or who your friends are, just make sure to never lose yourself in the craziness. Like what you like and love who you love and never let anyone tell you that your feelings are invalid and wrong. Don't stop loving Malibu Bay Breezes and glitter and winged eyeliner just because it's not what a girl that's one of the guys does. Embrace your quirks and imperfections and likes and passions and just do you.
nsmbl

Infinite x's and o's,
Kylee




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments


  1. I'm so happy my broken Marriage has been restored and my Husband is back after a breakup that leaded to fight, After 2 years of marriage Dr PADMAN brought a smile to my face again thanks You Dr Padman

    I am very happy today with my family. My husband left me for a good 6 months , and i love him so much, i have been looking for a way to get him back since then. i have tried many options but he didn't come back home , until i met a friend that introduced me to Dr.Padman https://padmanspell.com a spell caster, who helped me to restored my marriage back again Me and my husband are living happily together today,i believed Dr Padman so much today i am glad to let the world know that this spell caster have the power to bring lovers back, because i am now happy with my husband. Dr padman is a great spell caster , you can contact him via padmanlovespell@yahoo.com Now i will advice any serious persons that found themselves in this kind of problem, You can contact him Via his email padmanlovespell@yahoo.com or add him on whats-app with his WhatsApp +19492293867 Website: https://padmanspell.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a bit older and single, living in a part of the country where people often get married quite young. I am "choosing to be a happy single". I am fine being single. Everyone else seems to have the problem with it. I have learned an important lesson a few times in my life; it is better to be single than with the wrong person.my ex disappointed me by having a 3yrs affair with my cousin,thanks mostly to''hackingloop6@gmail . c o m'' he's also on WhatsApp + 1 484  540 - 0785,,whom i applied for his hacking service,he hacked and gained me a remote access to his phone activities..The fact is that he have been cheating even before he proposed, Sometimes I get lonely, I remember how I felt when I was with a wrong person. Maybe "Mr. Right" will come along. Maybe he never will, but embracing "choosing to be happy single" has made me more content than I ever was before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. REAL AND GENUINE ONLINE LOVE SPELL CASTER TO BRING EX LOVER URGENTLY CALL OR WHATSAPP +2348118829899.

    I want to use this opportunity I have to say a big thanks to Dr Great for getting back my ex husband. I’m Linda Gibson from USA, after 7 years of marriage my husband left me for another woman I did whatever I could to get him back but all I did was in vain I was sad, but I didn’t lose hope of getting him back because I had faith in God. So I search online on how to get my husband back, and I came across a post of Dr Great of how he helped a lady to get back her ex, I contacted him and told him the pain I was going through, he told me what to do and I did it, then he casted a love spell for me 48 hours later my husband called me and told me he is sorry for what he did and that he misses me very much, later that day he came back home and beg for my forgiveness, since then our love grew stronger. For the marvelous things Dr Great has done for me it would be unfair for me not to let the whole world know that such a powerful spell caster do live. If you want to get back your ex fast email Dr Great at infinitylovespell@gmail.com or infinitylovespell@yahoo.com or add him up on WhatsApp +2348118829899 Blog: lindagibson90.blogspot.com view his blog http://infinitylovespell1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete